Ten Principles of Tolerance
By Sydney Emeritus Rabbi Dr Raymond Apple
- I will honour all human beings regardless of colour, race or religion.
- I will defend my neighbour against prejudice or discrimination.
- I will live in a spirit of tolerance, friendship and understanding.
- I will reject any philosophy of racism whoever proclaims it.
- I will protest against every expression of prejudice.
- I will refuse to heed those who seek to set group against group or religion against religion
- I will not be part of any organisation that stands for racism or prejudice
- I will identify with all who spread tolerance and reconciliation.
- I will do more than liver and let live: I will live and help live.
- I will not be deflected from this purpose even by fear of intimidation or victimisation.